So if you follow me on Twitter, you know that I run mini-campaigns and story arcs (along with my novels and short stories I leave on here.) If you managed … Continue reading Our Current Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Apocalyptic Campaign Adventure Story Re-cap
No one can play today so we will be doing the actual campaign on Sunday instead. Today will just be a fun session, no actual campaign with a completed story. Just a fun time DnD super mini-campaign for silliness. Unfortunately, no one could run today so we are going to have to change it to Sunday the 1st. 🙂
Hey guys! We took a vote this past week on what everyone wanted and people voted on an online mini-campaign. I currently have 2 players that have expressed interest in it and would like to play. If you would like to join, please send me a message on Twitter or on Twitch and we can get you all taken care of. I have room for 2 more players.
We will also be interacting with the viewers and putting your fate in their hands during crit fails, or crits on DM. This should keep us all on our toes and make it tons of fun for everyone. :3
– For my players –
- Please choose any race you would like for 5e. If you want a custom character, please run it by me first. We are running more of a home-brew style since this is super short notice, so don’t feel like you have to know all the rules, this will be more story driven, but we will use 5e system for fighting.
- Rolls for stats: roll 4 6-sided die and record the cumulative total of the highest 3 dice 6 times or take the “standard set” which is 15,14,13,12,10,8. Either is fine. 🙂
- Lore details are below so you can get a feel for the setting. We are in a modern-day setting, with modern tech, however, our society has been thrown back to an age of magic and gods. The elder gods have almost disappeared, replaced by gods of technology. Or so, we have been lead to believe. Please listen to the audio clip before our campaign Sunday so you can properly build your character.
- We will have a final boss. Be prepared.
- The viewers will get to vote on what happens if you crit fail a roll (we will use a digital roll system, or use the honor system) or if you crit against my monsters.
- Create an account here: https://roll20.net/ and Join my campaign: https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/3441772/year-zero If you can’t, just send me your email and I will invite you. 🙂
- Create a fun, short backstory for your characters and send it to me. Even if it’s just a few words, a paragraph, etc. and your god you choose. Choose god from 5th ed, and I will have a surprise for you after you send it. (story wise)
- We are starting everyone off at lvl 7
- Please add me on Discord: CAGreyson#8523
- Send me a DM on Twitter or Twitch if you have any questions. I don’t get on FB much at all.
Game lore, please listen!
Tis the season for free stuff! The rules are listed below each.
- The Bag of Necessity. Rules are listed below. Also, something I forgot to list is that it needs to be in the U.S. I would love to send overseas, but the shipping costs would kill me. Thanks, guys!
2. The Bag Formerly Known as Jeff. This is for the weirdos out there that want to be completely surprised by what they get. Including space traveling time pigs. You just never know. 😉
3. The Bag of Friar’s Tuck. We all know the legend of Robin Hood and his trusty Friar Tuck. Often depicted as a jovial monk that likes food or ale, or a tall badass swordsman that threw Robin in the river after a battle of wits. This bag includes delectable foods, entertaining tales, and a charity of your choice for me to donate to.
All prizes are based off of information sent to me when you enter. One winner will be chosen for each prize due to funds. Sorry, wish I could give away more. Good luck to everyone!
This week, I am running a strictly online adventure campaign in which all of you will get to vote.
With each day, the story will build solely on everyone’s choices. Remember those old ‘choose your own ending’ type books? It’s like that, but will include images and the occasional video.
Once all the votes are tallied, the next vote will begin. I will then build a story, and draw an image for the campaign.
How it works:
- Next day after all votes are collected, a new voting option will appear at noon.
- An image of the previous votes will be up sometime between 1 and 2 p.m., with the story attached.
This will go on for 1 week and the story will end on Monday, June 19th.
Happy campaigning, everyone.
You can watch my Livestream here:
Here are my links for everything I cover in the video:
Dungeon Map Making
https://sourceforge.net/projects/auto… AutoREALM (free) – This mapping resource is a simple but powerful map-maker, however, the maps it makes are still lovely and versatile!
http://pyromancers.com/dungeon-painte… Dungeon Painter (free) – This one I highly recommend. It is a battle-map maker. It is basically as simple as using Paint.Net, but comes loaded with resources.
Have a map made for you!
http://donjon.bin.sh/ Donjon RPG Tools (free) – This a great character generator, however, there are a mixture of tools for map generating as well.
http://www.gozzys.com/ Gozzy’s Cartographic Emporium (free) – Their multiple-map generators allow for the DM to have a lot more specific details he or she wants in a map.
http://www.mathemagician.net/index.php Mathemagician! (free) – Very user friendly and simple generator, can pretty much instantly populate tiny areas with however many beasties you desire. Great for when your group insists on stopping at that abandoned tower that you just mentioned in passing two minutes ago. -_-
https://play.google.com/store/apps/de… ProD&D (free) – Android app for the Dungeon Master who needs to generate creative dungeons and random terrains at the flick of a finger.
http://dungeonmasterblock.podbean.com/ Dungeon Masters Block: A podcast that focuses on tips and information for Dungeons Masters, by Dungeon Masters.
Godsfall: https://soundcloud.com/godsfall – 5 Adventures in 5th ed custom campaign setting
DM Minion: https://play.google.com/store/apps/de… A great way to track your party, your NPCs, your monsters, and initiative.
Neat Stuff to add to your campaigns:
Pazio’s Bestiary Boxes: http://paizo.com/products/btpy8tj5?Pa… are an excellent way to have tons of miniatures without straining your wallet.
https://www.onenote.com/ OneNote for notes for DM’s
http://adventurescents.com/front-page… Adventure Scents – Any scent you want made, or design your own scent for your dungeon adventures!
http://fantasynamegenerators.com/ Fantasy Name Generators: Names for anything – NPCs, towns, your champions of justice, lands – all wonderfully presented.
Myth-Weavers: http://www.myth-weavers.com/ When you don’t want to label every town, here’s your generator.
https://www.reddit.com/r/DnD/: The community is warm and welcoming; you’ll even find better storylines than you think you can come up with. All beautifully detailed! If you have any questions over the rules at all, post it – you’ll have answers within seconds.
Newbie DM: https://newbiedm.com/ An awesome resource for inexperienced DMs.
Sly Flourish: http://slyflourish.com/ The site has one agenda: building better Dungeon Masters. 🙂
Like what you saw? Suggestions? Add them below!